in conversation with Vincent … photo by Kostas Papantoniou
Day 1, reflection … 30 years in education. Is it time to start Blogging?
Scared a bit, but willing to try, I want to blog about teaching art history, the importance of Museum sites and their resources in our classrooms, traveling with students, guiding them through Museums and archaeological/historical sites, Greece, Mythology … my life pursues to understand and better assist my students to grow into creative human beings.
My name is “teachercurator”, I am an Art Historian, lucky to serve as Host Country Studies Coordinator/Teacher in an International School in Greece.
I am lucky because I was given “freedom” to explore, design, develop and implement a variety of multi-disciplinary courses for all school Levels, from early years to High School.
This is the exciting journey I want to talk about.
My goals as a blogger
- Think – Reflect – Be Creative – Communicate
- Share my belief in Humanism and the Humanities as a strong component of the School Curriculum
- Share my belief in Visual Learning and Project-based Learning
- Share Lesson Plans on Art History, Social Studies, Mythology
- Share ideas on how time in class can be a “pleasure”
- Grow stronger as a teacher and a human being